Friday, September 27, 2013

From a Bird's Eye View

I have begun to notice that I am changing and have changed dramatically over the past few years. I see the world so differently. The world is such a different place and it is easy to become overwhelmed with the constant stimulation provided to use through smartphones, television, internet, etc. Contrary to many people's beliefs, I am a very introspective and at times, introverted individual. I am much more aware of how vast the world is but at the same time, how interconnected we all are. I remember a childhood friend attempting to explain to me that we are all only six degrees separated from one another and I am beginning to believe it to an extent. We are share a familial spirit through basic humanity. We all hunger, we all thirst, we all need shelter, food, clothing,love. We are all walking a path. Everyone's path is different and there are many intersections, crosswalks, and speed bumps along the way. My dear grandmother used to say "Everyone has to play the cards they are dealt". But, isn't it better if we have a partner to help? I have come to the realization that my presence and my life do matter to others and my activities, though small to me, are significant to others. Let us all be more mindful. Everyday you wake up, you have purpose. You are a part, no matter your station in this life--you are a part.

Peace & Blessings,
Andre'a

No comments:

Post a Comment