Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Little Humor

It is a known fact between my mother and I that we will inevitably have some type of catastrophe or mishap when we travel any distance over an hour. Over the years, she and I have had many ups and downs, but we have had some of the most hilarious and strange trips together as well. So, I want to just share a quick story with you.
I lost my father in 1995 and we were contacted by the family’s lawyers regarding a deposition. We had to travel to the law office which was located in Ft. Lauderdale. I was so excited to be going back to Florida, even though it was still painful thinking about my father.
It was the summer and as expected, the weather was hot. We listened to music as we rode singing and rapping to the lyrics of Mad Lion, TLC, KRS-One, and Boyz-2-Men. We stopped and ate at fast food spots, got drinks and gas at convenience stores, and rested at rest areas. Everything was going as planned and we were, as my mother said “making good time”. When we reached Florida, we were both hungry for a sit down meal so we pulled into Ryan’s Steakhouse.
We hopped out Mustang and began our walk across the scorching hot parking lot. As we walked, I began to notice people looking at us strangely. I wondered what the issue was. I looked down and noticed my shoe was untied so, I stopped to secure the strings. I ran to catch up to my Mother and she said “It’s cool out here. I feel a breeze.” I did not. I happened to catch a man looking at my mom’s rear end and I followed his eyes to her bottom as well . Mommy’s entire a#$ was out. Her shorts had somehow torn down the seam and her pink Hanes briefs were in full view. I began to laugh hysterically. Mommy still did not know what was going on—that is until she reached back and felt her behind!!!
“Oh my goodness! My whole butt is out!!” She screamed in horror, while I convulsed in laughter. After I got myself together we walked to the car. We went to a local store where Mommy bought a new outfit and threw the old one in the trash. We have laughed about this many times down through the years and this is just one of many travel stories we have.  I never will forget that outfit or the view in the Ryan’s parking lot.

Peace & Blessings,

AndrĂ©a The Tru Lioness 

No comments:

Post a Comment