Thursday, June 11, 2015

Writers Block

     Peace and blessings fam! I am suffering right now with something I thought would never happen---writers block. As I sit here and stare at the screen, I realize that my creativity is being blocked by life and I cannot allow this to continue. Writing, drawing, painting, singing, dancing, every "artsy" aspect of life has been my life for as long as I can remember, I created my first mural on paper my mother was given from her job at the local school. I drew with various colored chalks an underwater scene--my very own world under the sea, complete with sea horses, sea turtles, sharks, and all. I wrote my first poem at age 5 or 6. It was all about my red wagon and the books I loved to read. And Mommy always told me that I danced in her belly the entire time! Dance is so freeing!! But now the words seem to be caught up at the end of my pen and the inspiration has flown away like a bird heading South for the winter. I do not feel like inspiring others, I have no witty stories or anecdotes, I have no words of wisdom, and it is killing my spirit. 
      But, what I am realizing is that when one's heart is in pain and Sun doesn't seem to shine as brightly, your creativity can be held up. I realize that I am only human and only one individual. I have a terrible habit of putting more on my plate than I could ever eat, but at least I have identified this as an issue. Once upon a time, I would never, ever, ever admit that I was overdoing anything, overwhelmed, or over-extended. I would work 16 hour shifts, run errands for mom, go and read books at my son's school, and still hang with my sisters after hours. But today is a new day. I know I cannot do all things. But, I still struggle with saying no and I digress.
       So, at this point in time, I am feeling absolutely uninspired and I know why but now I must determine what course of action I need to take. I have always been a reader and lately I have been reading a book written by Queen Afua named "Sacred Woman". That book has certainly given me a new perspective on my situation. Remember, knowledge without application is not helping anything. So, I am learning about how a woman's womb is directly connected to her creativity as well as her heart. I am also learning how important my heart is to my creative process so, I am getting back to basics. Meditation, healthy eating, exercise, affrimations, dance all have been helpful in the past. 
        We have to find our peace within our situations and life and we cannot allow circumstances to stall our progress into greatness. I am saying "we" because I have to remind myself of the same thing daily. Negativity gives birth to self doubt, decreases our confidence, and incapacitates our creative stream. Negativity can be a cancer but we have the solution. Keep moving!! I see greatness in the future. Can you see it?




Peace,
Andre'a The Tru Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment