Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Disturbing to the Soul

Normally my blog topics are upbeat, informative, reflective, even inspirational but, I do not believe in wearing rose-colored glasses. Every now and then, some news story disturbs me so much that I must vent about it so here goes. I just read an article about the daycare worker who filmed herself raping a one-year old baby. Heather Koon is charged with 2 counts of rape and even had the audacity to film herself in a video performing one act. This is one of the most despicable cases I have ever heard of. What in the world is going on? What type of monster can do such a thing and what would possess her to? I have six children whom I adore with my entire being. I can not imagine the anguish that these parents must feel. You entrust your children with the daycare workers and to find out that this type of thing has happened is heartbreaking. I first ran across the story on Facebook but later read the article in the Huffington Post. It is in time like these that I believe we should pray and seek God's face ever the more. You may not believe in Him but in this world of uncertain and dangerous times, we must lean not to our own understanding. It is in Him that we will find rest and protection. I pray for those families affected. I pray for the victims. I pray for the communities. I pray. I pray. You may not believe, but I know, prayer changes things.


Peace & Blessings,
Andre'a





Heather Coon article

No comments:

Post a Comment